We want your design! Join our 2016 Geisha’s Blade T-Shirt Design Contest!
• The design must be your own original, unpublished work and must not include any third-party logos or copyrighted materials; by entering this contest you agree that your submission is your own work.
• Design should be one that appeals to the majority of the Geisha’s Blade Facebook followers and of course, to Geisha’s Blade themselves.
• Design should be Japanese related: samurai, geisha, Japanese swords/armors, ukiyo-e, deities, yokai, etc., but no references/influences to/with anime/manga illustrations. No texts or photos.
• Your design is for the front of the shirt and may encompass an area up to 8″ x 8″ (inches).
• Design may be black and white or CMYK colors.
• Approved entries will be watermarked by Geisha’s Blade before being uploaded on Geisha’s Blade Facebook page.
SUBMISSION AND DEADLINE OF ENTRIES
• Submission of entries start on July 1, 2016 and deadline ends at 11:59pm,
July 30, 2016 August 31, 2016.
• Email your entries to [email protected] with the subject title: 2016 Geisha’s Blade T-Shirt Design Contest. Don’t forget to include your name and location.
• Submitted entries should be resized to 1200 x 1200 pixels
• As soon as entries are received and validated, they will be uploaded to Geisha’s Blade 芸者の刃 Facebook page to an album exclusively for this contest. Entries uploaded on the “Wall” or “Timeline” are not valid.
• You can submit as many entries as you want, and it must be your original art or illustrations.
• Content found on the internet rarely has the resolution needed for print, and it’s considered unlawful to use without permission. Respect copyright.
• DO NOT submit copyrighted work and DO NOT PLAGIARIZE.
• DO NOT use stock images or clip art in your submissions to Geisha’s Blade. This includes:
– all images downloaded from sites like Getty Images, iStockphoto, Corbis Images, Shutterstock, etc.
– free vector art
– it doesn’t matter if you purchased a license for the image or if it does not require a license
• Submitting work to Geisha’s Blade containing stock images—even in a modified form—is grounds for immediate disqualification of your entry.
• Generally, Geisha’s Blade prefers original art and illustrations. If you cannot provide a layered file and prove your ownership of all design elements to the satisfaction of Geisha’s Blade within 48 hours of sending your entry (unless required), your submission will be disqualified.
• Submissions will be screened for merit and feasibility, and we reserve the right to make changes such as image size, color, add/remove parts of the design.
WHO CAN JOIN?
• Open to all 18 years old and above, whether you reside in the Philippines or another country.
CHOOSING THE WINNERS
• The winner is chosen by Geisha’s Blade and announced within 10 days after the contest deadline. In the unlikely event that a winner isn’t picked, Geisha’s Blade reserves the right to extend the contest period for new entries.
• “Votes” or “Likes” determine the Fan Favorite, but Geisha’s Blade reserves the right to final decision.
• The winning designer should be able to send a high resolution version (8 inches x 8 inches, minimum 300 dpi) for the winning design.
• Only the winner’s design will be printed.
PRIZES and HOW TO CLAIM
• There will only be ONE WINNER.
• If the winner is from the Philippines, he/she will have the option to choose whether he/she wants to receive the Mizuchi Katana Elite Series (kobuse laminated version) worth PHP 26,000 (this will be shipped to your address free of charge), or a cash prize of USD 300 (you need to have a PayPal account to claim this prize).
• If the winner is from another country, since we cannot ship swords internationally at the moment, he/she will receive USD 300. You need to have a PayPal account to claim your prize.
RIGHTS OVER THE SUBMITTED PHOTOS
• Submitted entries will automatically be a property of Geisha’s Blade 芸者の刃 and you grant permission for your design to be used in the website, Facebook page, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, and/or other promotional/marketing materials. You acknowledge and agree that the entry you submitted be made available by Geisha’s Blade 芸者の刃 for viewing, rating, reviewing, and commenting by the public.
This contest is not in any way associated, sponsored, endorsed by Facebook. Information are directly provided to Geisha’s Blade 芸者の刃 and not to Facebook.
Geisha’s Blade 芸者の刃 shall not be responsible for any and all forms of use, misuse, injury, disability, damage, any other serious risk, or loss incurred sustained by the participant or by any person in connection with the contest. All participants/winners assume all liability for any loss, injury, damage or claim that may arise from participating in the contest or use or redemption of any prize.