Photo credit: seejapan.co.uk
Geisha’s Blade has always been in love with Japanese tradition, culture, and arts. Included in their list is kabuki, as a lot of popular stories about samurai and historical events in Japan have been played in its theaters. Kabuki is not only known for the stylization of its drama, but also for the elaborate makeup worn by some of its performers.
At Geisha’s Blade, we’ll give you a chance to become a Kabuki performer and get an opportunity to win a free sword with our “Kabuki Face Challenge!”
Check out the entries here.
HOW TO JOIN & WIN
• Simply paint your face like a kabuki performer with makeup or whatever you have available. Just make sure you don’t use something toxic that would put your health at risk. Then take a photo of your kabuki face and email it to us.
• No sword is required to join this contest, but you must be at least 18 years old and a resident of the Philippines to join. Wearing a wig is a plus and other props you can use (e.g. horns, contact lenses, etc). No need to wear a costume as you’ll only be taking a photo of your kabuki face.
• Once your photo entry has been approved and uploaded on our Facebook page, you need to share it publicly on your timeline with the caption:
Geisha’s Blade: Kabuki Face Challenge
Visit www.geishasblade.com for high quality Japanese style swords in the Philippines!
• There’s no restriction in the design, pattern, or color of your makeup. Overall, it should be considered a “kabuki” and not a “face painting”. Be very creative, your face is your canvas!
Photo credit: thestorybehindthefaces.com
• There will be 2 winners.
• We’ll be appointing a number to each entry where one winner will be randomly drawn (via random.org) and will receive a Raijin Katana. The other winner will be of our choice and will receive a Raiden’s High Frequency Blade (black coated version).
SUBMISSION AND DEADLINE OF ENTRIES
Email your entry at geishasblade.contest(at)gmail.com with the subject: Kabuki Face Challenge. Be sure to include your name, location, and age (your age will not be published). Photo resolution must be 800×600 (landscape) or 600×800 (portrait) only and file size must not exceed 2mb. You can submit only 1 photo entry and should be your original work. When you email your entry, include some “work in progress” photos as well, so we can be sure that is really you and the photo isn’t grabbed from the internet. Once your photo has been approved, we will upload it in an album on our Facebook page. Contest starts on May 15, 2015. Deadline of submission of entries is until 11:59pm of June 5, 2015.
ANNOUNCEMENT OF WINNERS
The winners will be announced on the official Facebook page of Geisha’s Blade 芸者の刃 on June 10, 2015 and will be notified through private message via Facebook or personal email.
CLAIMING OF PRIZE
Winner residing in Metro Manila can claim their prize at our dojo at Shaw Blvd, Mandaluyong during Saturdays from 6pm – 7pm only. If the winner resides outside Metro Manila, we will ship your prize to your mailing address free of charge.
This contest is not in any way associated, sponsored, endorsed by Facebook. Information are directly provided to Geisha’s Blade and not to Facebook.
Geisha’s Blade 芸者の刃 shall not be responsible for any and all forms of use, misuse, injury, disability, damage, any other serious risk, or loss incurred sustained by the participant or by any person in connection with the contest. All participants/winners assume all liability for any loss, injury, damage or claim that may arise from participating in the contest or use or redemption of any prize.