Kuro Setsuhen Katana v2
Kuro Setsuhen (Black Snowflake) – Because no two snowflake have ever been found to be alike, they represent individuality, and their perfect geometric forms represent perfection. The snowflake is a very simple example of self-assembly. There is no blueprint or genetic code that guides the growth of a snowflake, yet marvelously complex structures appear, quite literally out of thin air. And this is what you can see on the Kuro Setsuhen katana.
• Blade Material: 2nd Gen 1045 carbon steel (mono-steel)
• Edge: Fully-sharpened
• Treatment: Hand Forged, Through Hardened, Heat Treated & Tempered, Water Quenched
• Blade Length: 27.5 inches
• Tsuka: 11 inches wood
• Overall length w/o saya: 40 inches
• Saya: 29.5 inches wood, glossy black lacquered finish
• Tsuba: Iron
• Fuchi / Kashira: Zinc alloy
• Habaki / Seppa / Menuki: Brass
• Tsukaito: Black leather
• Sageo: Black cotton
• Mekugi: 2 bamboo pegs
• Samegawa: Real ray skin panels
• Nakago: Full tang
• Hamon: Wirebrushed midare (irregular) pattern
• Specs may vary slightly from sword to sword
• Can be disassembled
• Includes cloth bag
• Packaging: carton box
The Kuro Setsuhen Katana is a perfect companion for the Kuro Setsuhen Wakizashi making them a daisho.
The video below shows the difference in flexibility between the 1st Generation and 2nd Generation. The 2nd Gen is more flexible like a 1060 blade.
More subtle wire brushed hamon which looks like a real hamon.
Ed Manalili (verified owner) –
Well made katana… very sharp blade. Will buy the partner Wakizashi