This is the upgraded version of our Musashi Iaito Katana, better Musashi style tsuba, with iron fuchi-kashira.
Our Iaito Series are non-sharpened swords which are made the same way as our live blades, except the edge is dull. These swords are made specifically for practicing iai or kata with the same feel of a real sword without the risk of cutting or injuring yourself or someone else. The blade width is the same as our regular swords, about 31-32mm. The blade thickness near the habaki is also the same as our regular swords which is about 7.2mm, but it tapers to 4mm at the tip. Our regular swords tapers to 5.5mm at the tip. Even with a few millimeter difference, there’s a considerable change in weight making our iaito lighter. Since they’re lighter, you’ll be able to perform kata with them faster, and you won’t strain your wrist or arms while training for hours.
• Blade Material: 2nd Gen 1045 carbon steel (mono-steel)
• Edge: Non-sharpened
• Treatment: Hand Forged, Through Hardened, Heat Treated & Tempered, Water Quenched
• Overall Length w/ saya: 36.5 inches
• Blade Length: 25.5 inches
• Tsuka: 9.5 inches wood
• Saya: 27.5 inches wood ishime finish (black pebbled)
• Tsuba /Fuchi / Kashira: Iron
• Habaki / Seppa / Menuki: Brass
• Tsukaito: Black synthetic silk
• Sageo: Black silk
• Mekugi: 2 bamboo pegs
• Samegawa: Real white ray skin panels
• Nakago: Full tang
• Hamon: Wirebrushed midare (irregular) pattern
• Weight: approx 870 grams
• Specs may vary slightly from sword to sword
• Can be disassembled
• Includes cloth bag
• Packaging: carton box
(Sharpened version of this sword is also available)
The video below shows the difference in flexibility between the 1st Generation and 2nd Generation. The 2nd Gen is more flexible like a 1060 blade.
More subtle wire brushed hamon which looks like a real hamon.