“Amatsukami (Heavenly gods) Katana 1050 Iaito Series”
Amatsukami (Heavenly Gods) – Also known as the “Four Heavenly Kings” are protectors of the four directions. They ward off evil, guard the nation, and protect the world from malicious spirits.
• Jikokuten: King of the East, Guardian of the Nation. Keeper of the Kingdom.
• Zochoten: King of the South, Lord of Spiritual Growth. One Who Expands Wisdom & Moderation.
• Komokuten: King of the West, Sees through evil. Discerns/punishes evil. Encourages aspirations for enlightenment.
• Tamonten (aka Bishamonten): King of the North. All-Knowing. Hears all, always listening. One of Japan’s Seven Lucky Gods. Well-versed in Buddha’s teachings.
• Blade Material: 1050 carbon steel (mono-steel)
• Edge: Non-sharpened
• Treatment: Hand Forged, Through Hardened, Heat Treated & Tempered, Water Quenched
• Overall Length w/ saya: 42 inches
• Blade Length: 30 inches
• Tsuka: 11.5 inches wood
• Saya: 30.5 inches matte black finish
• Tsuba / Fuchi / Kashira / Menuki: Zinc alloy
• Habaki / Seppa: Brass
• Tsukaito & Sageo: Black synthetic silk
• Mekugi: 2 bamboo pegs
• Samegawa: Real ray skin panels
• Nakago: Full tang
• Hamon: Wirebrushed notare (wave) pattern
• Specs may vary slightly from sword to sword
• Can be disassembled
• Includes cloth bag and carton box
Our 1050 Iaito Series are non-sharpened swords which are made the same way as our live blades, except the edge is dull. These swords are made specifically for practicing iai or kata with the same feel of a real sword without the risk of cutting or injuring yourself or someone else.
Our 1050 Iaito Series are designed after Japanese made iaito. They are fast and agile as the blade thickness near the habaki is about 5-6mm which is much thinner compared to our regular swords. You wouldn’t believe how lightweight these swords are.
Sharpened version cutting video
There are no reviews yet.