“Blind Swordsman Zatoichi Cane Sword”
This sword was popularized by the blind swordsman, Zatoichi, it’s a full-length straight katana called “chokuto“, disguised as a simple walking stick just like in the film series.
• Blade Material: 1050 carbon steel (mono-steel)
• Edge: Fully-sharpened
• Treatment: Hand Forged, Through Hardened, Heat Treated & Tempered, Water Quenched
• Blade Length: 27.75 inches
• Tsuka: 11 inches wood
• Overall length w/o saya: 39.5 inches
• Saya: 31.5 inches wood in matte black finish
• Mekugi: 1 bamboo peg
• Nakago: Full tang
• Hamon: Wirebrushed notare (wave) pattern
• Specs may vary slightly from sword to sword
• Cannot be disassembled
• Includes cloth bag
• Packaging: carton box
Visit this page to know more about the Blind Swordsman Zatoichi.
Nathaniel Christopher Mallari (verified owner) –
Being a fan of the two Zatoichi films (1962 and 2003) I didn’t expect that I would be able to acquire a legit cane sword myself. The sharpness is indeed “cutting edge” and the weight is just perfect, allowing you to swing it even with one hand. Further adjustments may be necessary to turn it into a concealed carry but if its for display or slicing stuff (meat may be included), it will surely do well in its bare form. The person in charge was also nice enough to grant a few tips and tricks on how to clean it after usage, since I’m a total greenhorn with the sword. I am in love with the product, and I will certainly try to venture more into the world of blades thanks to this discovery. Well done Geisha blades.