“Rurouni Kenshin: Kenshin Himura’s Sakabatou Katana”
Sakabatou (Reverse Blade) Katana – is a fictional type of Japanese sword popularized by the anime/manga Rurouni Kenshin (Samurai X). The cutting edge on this katana is on the side that curves inward. On a normal katana, the outward curved side of the blade is sharpened, while the inward curved side of the blade is blunt.
This version of the Sakabatou is based on the live action movie: Rurouni Kenshin.
• Blade Material: 2nd Gen 1045 carbon steel (mono-steel)
• Reverse Edge: Fully-sharpened
• Treatment: Hand Forged, Through Hardened, Heat Treated & Tempered, Water Quenched
• Overall Length w/ saya: 40 inches
• Blade Length: 27.5 inches
• Tsuka: 11 inches wood
• Saya: 30 inches dark cherry matte finish
• Tsuba: Iron
• Fuchi / Kashira / Menuki / Habaki / Seppa: Brass
• Tsukaito: Light brown synthetic silk
• Mekugi: 2 bamboo pegs
• Samegawa: Real ray skin panels
• Nakago: Full tang
• Hamon: Wirebrushed notare (wave) pattern
• Specs may vary slightly from sword to sword
• Can be disassembled
• Includes cloth bag
• Packaging: carton box
The video below shows the difference in flexibility between the 1st Generation and 2nd Generation. The 2nd Gen is more flexible like a 1060 blade.
There are no reviews yet.