A replica of Sting from The Lord of the Rings movies.
Sting was an Elven shortsword made in Gondolin during the First Age. After wielding it during the Quest for Erebor, Bilbo Baggins had it engraved with the Sindarin text, Maegnas aen estar nin dagnir in yngyl im. Translated into English, it reads, “Sting is my name, I am the spider’s bane.” The Appendix of The Silmarillion defines the element maeg in Sindarin as meaning “sharp” or “piercing”. During the Third Age, it was wielded by Bilbo Baggins, Frodo Baggins, and Samwise Gamgee.
• Blade Material: Stainless Steel
• Double Edge: Non-sharpened
• Treatment: Machine made
• Overall Length: 29.25 inches
• Blade Length: 21.75 inches
• Handle: 6.25 inches polycarbonate and zinc alloy
• Wall Plaque: 29.5cm x 25.5cm wood
• Scabbard: Not Available
• A beautiful wall hanger intended to be displayed on the wall
• Specs may vary slightly from sword to sword
• Not recommended for martial arts training or cutting
• Cannot be disassembled
• Packaging: carton box