A shirasaya is a type of Japanese sword mount made of plain wood which is intended as a storage for the blade. Kuro translate to ‘black’.
• Blade Material: 2nd Gen 1045 carbon steel (mono-steel)
• Edge: Fully sharpened
• Treatment: Hand Forged, Through Hardened, Heat Treated & Tempered, Water Quenched
• Blade Length: 18 inches
• Tsuka: 6.75 inches wood
• Overall length w/o saya: 26 inches
• Saya: 20.5 inches black lacquered finish
• Mekugi: 2 bamboo pegs
• Nakago: Full tang
• Hamon: Wirebrushed midare (irregular) pattern
• Specs may vary slightly from sword to sword
• Cannot be disassembled
• Includes cloth bag
• Packaging: carton box
The Kuro Shirasaya Wakizashi is a perfect companion of the Kuro Shirasaya Katana making them a daisho (paired set).
The video below shows the difference in flexibility between the 1st Generation and 2nd Generation. The 2nd Gen is more flexible like a 1060 blade.
More subtle wire brushed hamon which looks like a real hamon.
There are no reviews yet.