“Kuro Suzaku Wakizashi 1050 Series”
Kuro Suzaku (Dark Phoenix) – A universal symbol of the sun, mystical rebirth, resurrection and immortality, this legendary fire bird was believed to die in its self-made flames periodically then rise again out of its own ashes.
• Blade Material: Folded 1050 carbon steel
• Edge: Fully Sharpened
• Treatment: Hand Forged, Through Hardened, Heat Treated & Tempered, Water Quenched
• Blade Length: 19 inches
• Tsuka: 6.75 inches wood
• Saya: 20.5 inches matte black pebbled finish
• Tsuba / Fuchi / Kashira: Zinc alloy
• Habaki / Seppa / Menuki: Brass
• Tsukaito & Sageo: Black synthetic silk
• Mekugi: 2 bamboo pegs
• Samegawa: Real ray skin panels
• Nakago: Full tang
• Hamon: None
• Specs may vary slightly from sword to sword
• Can be disassembled
• Includes cloth bag and carton box
The folded steel blade of our Kuro Suzaku Wakizashi has been coated and then folded to produce 2,800 layers. Beautiful layers of black and rustic-bloody-red-orange sheen can be seen on the blade. In terms of overall quality and finish, a folded steel blade is on the same level as their forged mono-steel brothers and sisters. It doesn’t make the blade any sharper or tougher. It’s only difference is that the steel has been folded resulting in a blade with a nice “hada” (grain in steel, pattern of folding the steel) and is of course much more attractive to the eye compared to a mono-steel blade and gives a more traditional look.
The blade being blackened, it will be more resistant to rust and corrosion making it a very low maintenance blade. But, you still need to put oil on the blade to maximize rust and corrosion resistance. Also oiling it will make the blade look more beautiful.
The Kuro Suzaku Wakizashi is a perfect companion of the Kuro Suzaku Katana making them a daisho.
There are no reviews yet.