A naginata naoshi is a naginata that’s been re-shaped and remounted for use as a wakizashi or a katana. Ours, however, was not re-shaped, but made deliberately as is.
Naginata were originally used by the samurai class of feudal Japan as well as by sohei (warrior monks), and onna-bugeisha (female warriors).
• Blade Material: 2nd Gen 1045 carbon steel (mono-steel)
• Edge: Fully-sharpened
• Treatment: Hand Forged, Through Hardened, Heat Treated & Tempered, Water Quenched
• Blade Length: 16.75 inches
• Tsuka: 6.25 inches wood
• Overall length w/o saya: 24.5 inches
• Saya: 20 inches wood ishime finish (black pebbled)
• Tsuba / Fuchi / Kashira: Iron
• Habaki / Seppa / Menuki: Brass
• Tsukaito / Sageo: Black silk
• Mekugi: 1 bamboo peg
• Samegawa: Real ray skin panels
• Nakago: Full tang
• Hamon: Wirebrushed midare (irregular) pattern
• Specs may vary slightly from sword to sword
• Can be disassembled
• Includes cloth bag
• Packaging: carton box
The video below shows the difference in flexibility between the 1st Generation and 2nd Generation. The 2nd Gen is more flexible like a 1060 blade.
More subtle wire brushed hamon which looks like a real hamon.
There are no reviews yet.