Grab a Japanese style sword and take a photo. It can be any style of Japanese sword (katana, wakizashi, tanto, shirasaya, or naginata) of any brand or make. You can also use a bokken or a bamboo shinai, or make your own sword out of wood, cardboard, plastic, steel, or any material. But make sure it’s very well made and must be clearly visible in the photo. Otherwise, your entry will not be included. European, Chinese, Fantasy style swords/blades, knives, machetes, bolos, are not allowed. We encourage you to wear a costume, martial arts uniform, kimono, or whatever you can think of, use other props, go in a pair or group and then strike your best pose and take a photo. Try to be as creative and unique as possible!
HOW TO JOIN
• No purchase or payment of any consideration is required to enter the contest.
• Participants must email their best “Slash a Pose” photo entry to contest(at)geishasblade.com with “Slash a Pose 2012″ as the subject title. Include your name, age, and location (don’t worry, your age won’t be posted publicly).
• Your email address should be associated with your Facebook account.
• Choose 1 of any of the following 4 categories below and include a title describing your photo entry:
– Cosplay (or those who wish to cosplay their favorite katana-wielding anime/manga/video game character)
– Edo Samurai/Geisha (for those who want to portray a samurai/geisha during the Edo period of Japan)
– Urban Samurai/Geisha (for warriors/geisha of the modern time)
– Budo (for Japanese martial arts practitioners)
* Sample format:
Geisha’s Blade, 25, Mandaluyong City
Budo: Iaijutsu Training
• Participant may submit 1 entry and choose 1 category only.
• Photo entry should be free of watermarks and other text markings and should not contain any borders. You can digitally alter/enhance the background and the model, but not the sword. If we think that the sword has been digitally added in the photo, we would require you to send us a high resolution photo of the sword used in your entry.
• Photo should be in JPG format with a resolution of either 800×600 (landscape) or 600×800 (portrait) only and should be less than 1mb in size.
• Entries should be the original work of the participants. The model appearing in the photo should be the one who submitted the entry. You are allowed to use a model, but make sure you provide us proof that you personally know each other. Being friends on Facebook is not sufficient proof. No other entity has rights, claims or interests on the submitted photos.
• Submitted photos shall be exclusive to this contest and should not be used for other contests.
• Contest is open to Philippine residents only and should be at least 16 years of age.
• Entries that did not meet the requirements stated above will be disqualified.
SUBMISSION AND DEADLINE OF ENTRIES
Contest starts on October 5, 2012. All entries must be emailed to [email protected] with the subject title “Slash a Pose 2012″. Deadline of submission of entries is until 11:59pm of November 15, 2012. As soon as entries are received and validated, they will be uploaded on Geisha’s Blade 芸者の刃 Facebook page to an album exclusively for this contest. Entries uploaded on the “Wall” or “Timeline” page are not valid.
HOW TO WIN (applies to all 4 categories)
• There will be 3 winners per category (for a total of 12 winners).
• Participant may only win once.
• Your entry should have at least 10 “unique” shares to qualify. When sharing your photo, be sure to set it on “public” so we can see it. Photos shared privately will not be counted. Multiple shares by one Facebook account will only be counted as 1 share.
• 1 winner will be chosen with the most number of “unique shares” on their entry.
• 1 winner will be chosen based on the number of points earned.
• 1 winner will be chosen by Geisha’s Blade 芸者の刃.
• The 1st winner will be the one whose entry has the most number of unique shares.The 2nd winner will be chosen based on the number of points. The 3rd winner will be Geisha’s Blade Choice.
• Criteria for judging (points system)
– 30 points Costume/uniform/props
– 30 points Background
– 20 points Creativity
– 20 points Sword
• The winning entries for the “points system” and “Geisha’s Blade Choice” will be judged entirely in the sole and absolute discretion of Geisha’s Blade 芸者の刃. Decisions are final and irrevocable.
• Winners may not request substitutions of prize winnings.
PRIZES (applies to all 4 categories)
1. Kuro Shirasaya Wakizashi + Standard Bokken (w/o plastic tsuba) – most number of unique shares
2. Storm Shadow Daisho (katana and wakizashi) – points system
3. Chushingura Katana – Geisha’s Blade Choice
ANNOUNCEMENT OF WINNERS
Winners will be announced on the official Facebook page of Geisha’s Blade 芸者の刃 on November 20, 2012. They will also be notified through private message via their Facebook account or through their personal emails.
CLAIMING OF PRIZES
Winner/s residing in Metro Manila can claim their prize at our dojo at Shaw Blvd, Mandaluyong during Saturdays from 6pm – 7pm only. Winner/s outside Metro Manila will be shipped to your mailing address free of charge.
RIGHTS OVER THE SUBMITTED PHOTOS
Submitted entries/photos will automatically be a property of Geisha’s Blade 芸者の刃 and may be used in the website and/or other promotional materials. You acknowledge and agree that the entry you submitted be made available by Geisha’s Blade 芸者の刃 for viewing, rating, reviewing, and commenting by the public.
Remember, be creative and unique. Wear a costume or anything that you can think of, use other props, go in a pair or group. Have fun, enjoy, and good luck!
This contest is not in any way associated, sponsored, endorsed by Facebook. Information are directly provided to Geisha’s Blade 芸者の刃 and not to Facebook.
Geisha’s Blade 芸者の刃 shall not be responsible for any and all forms of use, misuse, injury, disability, damage, any other serious risk, or loss incurred sustained by the participant or by any person in connection with the contest. All participants/winners assume all liability for any loss, injury, damage or claim that may arise from participating in the contest or use or redemption of any prize.