2013 Slash a Pose Contest Entries
THE WINNERS FOR THIS YEAR’S CONTEST
Most number of likes: Johannes Sebastian Paranada, Antipolo City
Most number of shares: Angel Ayanami, Bulacan
Random draw: Robby Lucero, Muntinlupa City
Highest points: John Michael Go, Cagayan de Oro city
Geishas Blade Choice: Japhet Rey, Tagum City
URBAN SAMURAI/GEISHA CATEGORY
Most number of likes: Carl Mari Giankristo Limpin Ramirez, Baguio City
Most number of shares: Chairein Kris Cordoviz, Baguio City
Random draw: Steve Francis Quiatchon, Iloilo City
Highest points North Gevero, Cagayan de Oro City
Geishas Blade Choice:Â Kimberly de Felipe, Iloilo
Grab a Japanese style sword and take a photo. It can be any style of Japanese sword (katana, wakizashi, tanto, shirasaya, or naginata) of any brand or make. You can also use a bokken, bamboo shinai, or make your own sword out of wood, cardboard, plastic, steel, or any material. But make sure it”s very well made and must be clearly visible in the photo. Otherwise, your entry will not be included. European, Chinese, Fantasy style swords/blades, tactical swords/knives, machetes, bolos, are not allowed. For this year’s contest, we’ll be making an exception and we will allow swords from Fate/Stay Night and Sword Art Online, specifically Caliburn, Excalibur, Elucidator, Dark Repulser, and Lambent Light only since we have them available for sale. We encourage you to wear a costume, martial arts uniform, kimono, or whatever you can think of, use other props, go in a pair or group and then strike your best pose and take a photo. Try to be as creative and unique as possible!
To get an idea on what to do in this contest, check out the entries in our previous contests:
Slash a Pose 2012
Slash a Pose 2011
Slash a Pose 2010
• Cosplay (for those who wish to cosplay their favorite sword-wielding anime/manga/video game character)
• Urban Samurai/Geisha (for warriors/geisha ofÂ the modern time)
HOW TO JOIN
• No purchase or payment of any consideration is required to enter this contest.
• Participants must email their best “Slash a Pose” photo entry to contest(at)geishasblade.com with “Slash a Pose 2013” as the subject title. Include your name, age, and location (don’t worry, your age won’t be posted publicly).
• Your email address should be associated with your Facebook account (make sure that your Facebook account is searchable by your email address).
• Choose 1 of any of the following 2 categories stated above and include a title describing your photo entry:
* Sample format:
Geisha’s Blade, 25, Mandaluyong City
Urban Samurai: Slashing a Pose
• Participant may submit 1 entry and choose 1 category only.
• Photo should be free of watermarks and other text markings and should not contain any borders. You can digitally alter/enhance the background and the model, but not the sword. If we think that the sword has been digitally added in the photo, we would require you to send us a high resolution photo of the sword used in your entry.
• Photo should be in JPG format with a resolution of either 900×675 (landscape) or 675×900 (portrait) only and should be less than 1mb in size.
• Entries should be the original work of the participants. The model appearing in the photo should be the one who submitted the entry. You are allowed to use a model, but make sure you provide us proof that you personally know each other. Being friends on Facebook is not sufficient proof. No other entity has rights, claims or interests on the submitted photos.
• Submitted photos shall be exclusive to this contest and must not have been previously used in other contests.
• Contest is open to Philippine residents only and should be at least 18 years of age.
• Entries that did not meet the requirements stated on this page will not be accepted.
SUBMISSION AND DEADLINE OF ENTRIES
Contest starts on November 10, 2013. All entries must be emailed to contest(at)geishasblade.com with the subject title ‘Slash a Pose 2013’. Deadline of submission of entries is until 11:59pm of December 30, 2013. As soon as entries are received and validated, they will be uploaded on Geisha’s Blade’s¸Official Facebook page to an album exclusively for this contest. Entries uploaded on the “Wall”or “Timeline”page are not valid.
HOW TO WIN (applies to both categories)
• There will be 5 winners per category (for a total of 10 winners).
• Participant may only win once.
• Your entry should have at least 20 likes, have tagged at least 20 friends, and have at least 20 shares to qualify.
• The 1st winner will be chosen with the most number of “likes”on their entry.
• The 2nd winner will be chosen with the most number of “shares” on their entry.
• The 3rd winner will be randomly drawn via random.org. Each participant will be assigned a number according to their entry’s upload sequence.
• The 4th winner will be chosen based on the number of points earned.
• The 5th winner will be chosen by Geisha’s Blade (Geisha’s Blade Choice)
• Criteria for judging (points system)
30 points Costume/uniform/props
30 points Background
20 points Creativity
20 points Sword
• The winning entries for the “points system” and “Geisha’s Blade Choice” will be judged entirely in the sole and absolute discretion of Geisha’s Blade. Decisions are final and irrevocable.
• Winners may not request substitutions of prize winnings.
PRIZES (applies to all 3 categories)
1. One Piece: Dracule Mihawk’s Kokotu Yoru : most number of likes
2. Sword Art Online: Asuna’s Lambent Light : most number of unique public shares
3. Bleach: Ichigo Kurosaki’s Ultimate Tensa Zangetsu O-Katana (machine made) – random draw
4. One Piece: Roronoa Zoro’s Yubashiri Katana (hand forged) : points system
5. Rurouni Kenshin: Hitokiri Battousai / Udo Jin-e Katana : Geisha’s Blade Choice
ANNOUNCEMENT OF WINNERS
Winners will be announced on the official Facebook page of Geisha’s Blade on January 10, 2014 and will be notified through private message via Facebook or personal email.
CLAIMING OF PRIZES
Winner/s residing in Metro Manila can claim their prize at our dojo at Shaw Blvd, Mandaluyong during Saturdays from 6pm – 7pm only. Winner/s outside Metro Manila will be shipped to your mailing address free of charge.
RIGHTS OVER THE SUBMITTED PHOTOS
Submitted entries/photos will automatically be a property of Geisha’s Blade and may be used in the website and/or other promotional materials. You acknowledge and agree that the entry you submitted be made available by Geisha’s Blade for viewing, rating, reviewing, and commenting by the public.
Remember, be creative and unique. Wear a costume or anything that you can think of, use other props, go in a pair or group. Have fun, enjoy, and good luck!
This contest is not in any way associated, sponsored, endorsed by Facebook. Information are directly provided to Geisha’s Blade and not to Facebook.
Geisha’s Blade shall not be responsible for any and all forms of use, misuse, injury, disability, damage, any other serious risk, or loss incurred sustained by the participant or by any person in connection with the contest. All participants/winners assume all liability for any loss, injury, damage or claim that may arise from participating in the contest or use or redemption of any prize.
Should you have any questions, feel free to send us an email at contest(at)geishasblade.com or post a comment below.