“Mugen” is a word of Japanese origin, meaning dream, fantasy, or infinite. This is what we see when we look at the design of the fittings of this sword. The design is actually called “guribori” which is a metalsmithing technique that involves layering many different color metals and carving arabesque and spiral patterns. However, the guribori on the fittings of this sword are not real guribori, but made to look like it. Though they still look very nice.
• Blade Material: 2nd Gen 1045 carbon steel (mono-steel)
• Edge: Fully-sharpened
• Treatment: Hand Forged, Through Hardened, Heat Treated & Tempered, Water Quenched
• Blade Length: 27.25 inches
• Tsuka: 11 inches wood
• Overall length w/o saya: 39.5 inches
• Saya: 29.5 inches wood, glossy black lacquered finish
• Tsuba / Fuchi / Kashira: Zinc alloy
• Habaki / Seppa / Menuki: Brass
• Tsukaito: Black synthetic silk
• Sageo: Black silk
• Mekugi: 2 bamboo pegs
• Samegawa: Real black lacquered ray skin panels
• Nakago: Full tang
• Hamon: Wirebrushed midare (irregular) pattern
• Specs may vary slightly from sword to sword
• Can be disassembled
• Includes cloth bag
• Packaging: carton box
The Mugen Katana is a perfect partner for our Mugen Wakizashi making them a daisho (paired set).
The video below shows the difference in flexibility between the 1st Generation and 2nd Generation. The 2nd Gen is more flexible like a 1060 blade.
More subtle wire brushed hamon which looks like a real hamon.
There are no reviews yet.